Saturday, November 17, 2007

 

Nordic Walking in the Mediterranean - Cyprus

.
It was nice to find a Nordic Walking story today from the beautiful Mediterranean island of Cyprus . The story appeared in the island newspaper The Gazette and features British Ex-pat, Janet Freeman who takes a brisk daily walk of 9km from Protaras to Ayia Napa. Janet says...

"My friend Sonia bought me the sticks from Sweden, (actually they're called poles but we know what you mean! - Ed). I love it, I know some people laugh at me as they drive past but I am not bothered."

One of the first long-stayers to bring her sticks (there's that word again) to the island, Kaari Mäkelä from Finland say's...

"Its not a totally new sport, but it's new here I suppose. I remember being the only one with Nordic poles a few years ago, now everyone in our hotel has them".
.
To read the full article visit:
.
http://www.famagusta-gazette.com/ - Look for the story titled - "taking a Nordic Stroll" dated 17th November 2007 (the articles are listed towards the bottom of the page and central.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?