Tuesday, December 19, 2006

 

On the second day of Christmas my true love said to me...

.
Here we go with my second day of Christmas tips to avoid that increase in waistline size over the festive season.

On the second day of Christmas my true love said to me...

"HOW DO WE HANDLE THE CHRISTMAS 'SPIRIT'?"

Hey - I don't want to be labeled Mr. Scrooge. Come on folks the festive season is a time to celebrate. But there's no need to drink yourself under the table is there?

Most people like to get into the 'spirit' of things and enjoy a glass or two of their favorite tipple especially at this time of year and why not? So take a look at these simple tips to help you on the way:

a) Drink in moderation. A small glass of white wine, a glass of champagne, a small rum and coke are around 100-calories each. Why not allow yourself 2 drinks a day during the festivities? That’s unless you have to drive a vehicle or it is inappropriate for medical reasons of course.

b) Alternate your alcoholic drinks with a glass of water.

c) Add carbonated (sparkling) mineral water to your wine to make a long drink.

d) Enjoy your alcoholic drinks at meal times only. At other times keep to low calorie non-alcoholic drinks or better still... water.

e) I suggest staying away from beers, they are higher in calories than the alternatives above and they bloat your stomach. If you enjoy a beer how about keeping to one small glass a day?

Tomorrow is the third day of my Christmas tips to keep a check of your waistline and I ask the question:

ARE YOU NUTS... ABOUT NUTS?

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?