Saturday, November 04, 2006

 

Love, Passion & Nordic Walking:

.
It is my great pleasure to introduce a new contributor to Nordic Walking News - Sheri Simson... aka the Pole Lady. When Sheri contacted me recently I thought WOW I can relate to this lady! She is a bundle of NRG and sure is PASSIONATE about Nordic Walking. Sheri runs her own Nordic Walking training company called "Keen Fit" in Kelowna B.C, Canada. As a writer Sheri specializes in motivational articles. I hope you enjoy reading this first contribution from Sheri... David

Take a "LEEP" - get passionate about nordic walking and fall in love with yourself. You'll be blown away by what will happen in your life!

I've been accused of being passionate or maybe even a little bit crazy! But I tell you, no one will ever accuse me of not going after what I want out of life. Even when I don't get what I actually went after, I usually find the silver lining - and believe me, I've had my fair share of challenges and some very well-disguised silver linings.

If I had to identify my one single secret to life, I would say it is that I'm not afraid to wear my heart on my sleeve. If I love something, or someone, I'm not afraid to say it. And the more I say it, the more excited I get. The more excited I get, the more passionate I become! You get the picture - look out world!

That's how I feel about the benefits of nordic walking. It makes you healthier, not just physically, but emotionally and socially as well! Now I realize I can't expect everyone to run out, get a crazy hairdo and start chanting "Poles Rock" everywhere they go! But if you want things to rock in your life - and who doesn't!? - you really have to take a "LEEP":

1. Fall in Love with nordic walking (or anything else that’s good for you!)
2. Be Excited about what nordic walking can do for you!
3. Care Enough about yourself to nordic walk regularly!
4. Get Passionate about making a difference in your own life!

Think about your role models and the other people who have motivated or led you to make a change, take a risk or try something new. Rarely are they the "sit back and let life just happen to me" types. They are more likely to be excited and full of passion for what they do or what they stand for! In order for a person to become healthier and happier, it's important they first become accountable to themselves.

The more fun and easy you make your steps towards accountability the more likely you are to get started and to accomplish what you set out to do. Starting with your physical health is important (hence, where nordic walking comes in). When we feel better physically, we not only have more energy, but we think more clearly and feel better about ourselves. That, in turn, helps us to find balance, live in peace and walk as our true selves!

Grab your poles and ‘Walk Your Path’. If you have any questions and or you'd like to contact Sheri, visit www.keenfit.com

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?