Friday, May 19, 2006

 

Testimonial - My left knee is kind of shot...but it's fine with Nordic Walking

.
I started Nordic walking Fall 2005 with my wife's X-country ski poles. My wife got me new Nordic walking poles for Christmas, and I love doing it over the many miles of wooded trails near our home in Maine.

I love cross-country skiing and I used to be a very competitive marathon and distance runner back in the mid 80's/early 90's (a 2:34 marathon was my best in 1984).

My left knee is kind of shot from all the running, but it is fine with Nordic walking, and I just find it to be a great all round form of exercise, and like cross country skiing, it's easy on the knees and joints.

The mountain bikers on the trails don't know what to make of me. They think I forgot my skis!

Brian McCrea
Pownal, Maine, USA

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?