Tuesday, May 23, 2006

 

Testimonial - "18 months ago, I could barely walk half a mile...now I've completed my first ever half marathon at the age of 68yrs"

.
"A little over 18 months ago, I could barely walk half a mile due to a debilitating illness. Then I met David Downer and became one of his pupils and was taught the correct way to walk with Nordic Walking poles.

Since then I have gone from strength to strength. At 05.05am on Sunday May 21st 2006, I achieved what for me had seemed the impossible dream. At that precise time I completed my first ever half marathon (13.1 miles) at the age of 68yrs - the Playtex® Moonwalk® in London, England raising money for breast cancer.

I was not allowed to use my poles during the event, but I trained for the event by walking with them. Good luck to everyone who takes up Nordic Walking, I can certainly reccomend it."

Maggie Stubbs
Bournemouth, England.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?