Tuesday, March 14, 2006

 

Question - "I seem to be pushing more through one arm than the other; can you help me?".

.
Most people will relate to this question... This is a great question.

When I first started Nordic Walking I found my right arm more dominant in the pushing phase than my left (I am right handed). Most people are dominant in the arm of the hand they use for writing.

It is very common and quite normal when you first take up Nordic Walking to sometimes 'miss pole' or pole 'weaker' on the least dominant arm.

The solution:

If you are right handed put your right pole down and practice Nordic Walking using your left pole only (vice versa if you are left handed). That's all you need to do. Practice this regularly and the problem will be no more.

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?