Monday, November 14, 2005

 

Testimonial - Intense physiotherapy put me back on my feet

.
I have just had a lovely time reading Nordic Walking News - Well done and thank you.

One day after a regular 13 mile walk, I suffered from a very painful and fat knee. Intense physiotherapy put me back on my feet, but the physiotherapist told me I should use a stick to walk with, informing me that using a stick would take as much as 40% of the pressure off that leg (slightly affected by polio as a child).

On holiday in the Bernese Oberland, I saw an advert for Nordic Walking. Back home I "googled" Nordic Walking, and I have now had my second lesson with my instructor, Ivan Hunger. It is early days, but I have really enjoyed the lessons, and feel I am learning better body use.

Beverley Hall
Reading, Berkshire, England

Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?